Plants vs Zombies is one of the most popular games on the Windows, iPhone, and iPad platforms, and now it’s on the Mac. The goal of Plants vs Zombies is to stop zombies from marching across your lawn or roof and eating you. To defend yourself you have to put various plants in their way, each plant having special skills. Plants vs Zombies installs easily.
- The plants in Plants vs Zombies get laid out on a grid. Some plants shoot peas, which injure zombies, some plants eat zombies, and so on. There’s about a dozen different plants that can be used to defeat the oncoming hordes of zombies. As plants get eaten by the zombies, you can replant, but they take time to grow and react.
- And there’s always the issue of affording the plants. To buy them you need to collect sunshine, and each plant costs a certain amount of sun. Sounds complicated? It isn’t. Sounds weird? It is, but this is one of the most addictive games we’ve played, and replay is still strong. The music and effects are great, too.
- The publishers of Plants vs Zombies have other highly popular games (Peggle, Zuma, etc.), but this is the classic that everyone knows. Play the free version for an hour and you’ll likely be buying the full release with its hours and hours of play. It’s still one of our favorite games on the iPad, and seeing it on the Mac is great.
- Get ready to soil your plants in an all-new action-strategy game from PopCap! A mob of fun-loving zombies is about to invade your home, and your only defense is an arsenal of 49 zombie-zapping plants. Use peashooters, wall-nuts, cherry bombs and more to mulchify 26 types of zombies before they can reach your front door.
- Each zombie has its own special skills, so you’ll need to think fast and plant faster to combat them all. But be careful how you use your limited supply of greens and seeds… as you battle the fun-dead, obstacles like a setting sun, creeping fog and a swimming pool add to the challenge. And with five game modes to dig into, the fun never dies!
|Publisher web site||http://www.popcap.com/|
|Release Date||March 27, 2012|
|Date Added||March 27, 2012|
|Operating Systems||Mac OS X 10.4 Intel/10.5 Intel|
|Downloads Last Week||519|
|License Model||Free to try|