Papers, Please for Mac transports you to a dystopian city where you play the immigration officer, providing a slow, text-based gameplay that can sharpen your memory skills.
- Since the gameplay is largely based on text and reading, there’s not much action in this game, and the graphics aren’t too impressive, either. If all your favorite games are shooters, this one isn’t for you. But if you want a different yet captivating gaming experience, you should try it.
- When playing Papers, Please you have to pay close attention to the onscreen text instructions. There aren’t many game controls. In fact, all you have to do is click from time to time. You act as an immigration inspector who has to control the flow of people crossing the newly opened border to a fictional communist state, investigating papers to check for country of origin and other relevant details like occupation.
- You can also inspect individuals using searches and fingerprint systems. The conditions for entry change each day, so being scrupulous is key to mastering the game. Although the gameplay may seem boring, it’s not, provided of course that you like slower games.
- The graphics are reminiscent of older times, but they go well with the concept of the game. Additionally, the game offers alternate endings, depending on the choices you make while playing.
- While it’s not the most attractive or entertaining game out there for those who like high action and eye candy, Papers, Please challenges your attention and memory and gets a thumbs up for originality. If you are interested in a dystopian-themed game that requires close attention to detail, you will like this app.
- A Dystopian Document Thriller. The communist state of Arstotzka has ended a 6-year war with neighboring Kolechia and reclaimed its rightful half of the border town, Grestin. Your job as immigration inspector is to control the flow of people entering the Arstotzkan side of Grestin from Kolechia.
- Among the throngs of immigrants and visitors looking for work are hidden smugglers, spies, and terrorists. Using only the documents provided by travelers and the Ministry of Admission’s primitive inspect, search, and fingerprint systems you must decide who can enter Arstotzka and who will be turned away or arrested.
|Publisher web site||http://dukope.com/|
|Release Date||May 14, 2013|
|Date Added||May 14, 2013|
|Operating Systems||Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8|
|Downloads Last Week||88|