Pokémon Go is fun to play, and millions of people around the world continue to hit the roads to catch new Pokemon. The recent update for Pokemon Go has left many users disappointed. The latest update has restricted users to playing the game on rooted devices. The restriction is more likely to affect the rooted users who are using local GPS spoofing and Xposed Modules to capture Pokemon.
But if Pokemon Go Block Rooted Android devices then How to Play Pokemon Go on Rooted Android Devices? Don’t worry developers already found a way around the restriction, and you can Play Pokemon Go on Rooted Android Devices with the help of Magisk.
Magisk is a mod developed by XDA Recognized Developer topjohnwu, who already provide us the systemless Xposed flashable zip. Magisk is a Magic Mask to Alter System Systemless-ly, this allows you to disable root to play Pokemon Go on rooted Android devices.
To use Magisk, you will need a device with an unlocked bootloader, Custom Recovery and the device running on Android 5.0 or above. Your device should be running on the stock system and boot. If you can’t do that, you must completely remove the root access and Xposed. You’ll need three files to get started – Magisk ZIP file, phh’s SuperUser file, and the Magisk Manager APK.
- Unroot your device and Uninstall Xposed framework.
- Make a full backup of your system
- Download Magisk Installer – Download, Official Page
- phh’s SuperUser – Download
- Magisk Manager – Download
How to Play Pokemon Go on Rooted Android Devices with Magisk
1) First unroot your device, by opening SuperSU app -> Settings -> Full Unroot. Unroot your device, but don’t restore the stock recovery image while unrooting.
2) Uninstall the Xposed Installer and Framework if it is installed on your device.
3) Now download Magisk Installer from above and flashed it via custom Recovery.
4) Reroot your device by flashing the phh’s SuperUser from recovery.
5) Download Magisk Manager from above and install it on your device.
6) Open the Magisk Manager and turn off or On the the root access.
7) Whenever you want to play Pokemon Go on your rooted device, Turn Root Off.
8) Enable/On Root once you’re done playing.