Install TWRP and Root Galaxy Recovery 3.1.0 for Galaxy Note 8 (Exynos Variants) is now available for download with that you can easily Root Galaxy Note 8. The phone is already available in the market and if you bought it and looking for a way to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8 then you are in the right place. Here we share the easiest step by step process to Install TWRP and Root Galaxy Note 8. First, you need to install TWRP Recovery and then flash Magisk to Root Galaxy Note 8. Follow this guide to Install TWRP and Root Galaxy Note 8.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- After you root Galaxy Note 8 and install TWRP, you can install Xposed Framework to customize your device
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to RootGalaxy Note 8 –
- Download Latest Odin Tool on your PC.
- Install Samsung Galaxy Note 8 USB Drivers.
- Download Official TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Download Magisk for Galaxy Note 8
List of device Supported –
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Exynos variants – N950F/FD/X/N)
How to Install TWRP and Root Galaxy Note 8
Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Note 8
- First enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Now Download the Odin tool from above and extract the zip file.
- Run the Odin_xx.exe file on your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 8 to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.
- To enter into download mode turn off your phone and press and hold the Bixby and volume down buttons, then press the power button. until you see the download mode screen.
- Once you enter into Download mode, you see an ID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box means your device has recognized by Odin.
- If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable.
- Now locate and add the twrp-3.1.0_xx.tar file (you downloaded from above) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
- Make sure that only “F.Reset Time“ is ticked and Auto Reboot disabled.
- Now click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen. This step will install TWRP 3.1.0 recovery on Galaxy Note 8.
Root Galaxy Note 8 –
- After flashing TWRP Recovery, boot your device into the recovery mode by press and hold the Bixby and volume up buttons, then press the power button. Once phone turns on lets go of the power, while still keeping Bixby and volume up buttons pressed.
- You are in TWRP recovery of Galaxy Note 8. Now it’s time to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- Now go to the main menu in TWRP and select Wipe> Format Data.
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode again.
- Now in TWRP recovery click on Install Zip and select Magisk.zip file to root Galaxy Note 8.
- Swipe to install Magisk and reboot your device.