How to Enable Dual Speaker on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. As we know Root and TWRP Recovery are now available for the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, means you can install the custom mods on the device. Previously we shared popular Audio mod Viper4Android for Galaxy S8 and S8+ and today we share a way to Enable Dual Speaker on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+. The device only has one output speaker, the one at the bottom but this mod will allow the earpiece to act as secondary output speaker. This mod not only Enable Dual Speaker on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ but also boost the sound output.
Thanks to XDA Senior member otonieru who found a way to Enable Dual Speaker on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. Dual speaker mod for Galaxy S8/S8+ enhances the listening experience by improving the phone’s speaker and headphones volume. For the app to work on your phone, you will only need root access and a file explorer.
Installing Dual speaker mod for Galaxy S8/S8+ is very easy but you need Root access on your device. Other than Root you need Root Explorer and Dual Speaker mod files. Follow the below guide to Enable Dual Speaker on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+.
- Your device must be Rooted.If you don’t have Rooted device then check our guide to Root Galaxy S8/S8+.
- Dual Speaker Mod with original volume level
- Dual Speaker with VOLUME BOOST
- Bottom only Volume Boost
How to Enable Dual Speaker on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+
- First, download one of the Mod with original volume level or with Volume Boost and save it on your device.
- Reboot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold the Bixby and volume up buttons, then press the power button. Once phone turns on lets go of the power, while still keeping Bixby and volume up buttons pressed.
- In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select the file you downloaded from above.
- Now swipe to Flash the above file.
- Done! Reboot your device.
How to Revert Back to the Original Sound Settings
- If you don’t like the mod, you easily revert back to original settings by following below steps.
- Download the original mixer path file from above.
- Rename the original_mixer_paths.xml to mixer_paths.xml.
- Now move the file to /system/etc/ and replace the modded xml file.
- Sets the file permission to 644 (RW-R-R).
- Done! Reboot.