VLC Media Player is an open-source program that enables you to play all kinds of media files on your Windows computer. Its intuitive interface provides access for users of all experience levels to a whole host of features, and it even includes a nice set of editing tools.
- Versatility and accessibility: You’ll quickly find what you’re looking for when you first open this program. Many file types are supported, and you can find all kinds of tips and insight provided by other users in the Help forums.
- Beginners will have no trouble accessing the basic features of this program, and more advanced users will find all of the fun features they enjoy experimenting with, as well.
- Editing suite: You can adjust multiple aspects of your video files through this app. In addition to the general features, like cropping, or adjusting aspect ratio, zoom, and brightness, this program also allows you to add effects and adjust the coarseness of the film grain.
- Help issues: While there is extensive documentation in the Help documents provided with the app, they are mostly written by other users, thanks to the nature of the open-source software.
- This doesn’t have to be a drawback, but it can mean that they’re a little technical and could be hard for an inexperienced user to follow.
- The Help files are also universal to VLC Media Player programs for all platforms, but each platform has a slightly different interface and set of controls, so directions written based on one platform might not be exactly what you need if you’re working with a different one.
VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player contains a lot of great features, and because it’s an open-source program, it’s completely free. It’s also updated frequently, so even if the exact feature you’re looking for isn’t there now, it likely will be in the future.
Whether you’re just looking for a way to play movies on your computer, or you want a more advanced tool, this program is worth taking for a test drive.
VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats, including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, MP3, and OGG, as well as for DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It also can be used as a server for unicast or multicast streams in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
What’s new in this version:
- Fixed the systematic green line video output on NVIDIA devices.
- Fixed direct3d SPU texture offsets handling
- Demuxer: Fixed heap buffer overflows
|Publisher web site||http://portableapps.com/|
|Release Date||May 26, 2017|
|Date Added||May 29, 2017|
|Operating Systems||Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8|
|Downloads Last Week||1,699|