GreenShot allows you to take screenshots in a number of different formats and then save them to a folder of your choice or send them to a printer or Microsoft Outlook. While not as powerful as some screenshot tools, GreenShot is a very good, easy-to-use tool that will provide the tools needed by the vast majority of users.
- Consolidated interface: Everything you need in GreenShot is located in the menu task bar. Clicking the icon after launching the app will provide a menu to snap shots of specific windows, fullscreens, or regions. It also has a memory tool to capture most recent regions, as well as specific parts of programs like your Web browser, all of this with hot keys access available as well.
- Quick to use: GreenShot is fast, with a minimal footprint on the machine. As a result, it can sit out of the way and active on your machine, so it’s ready to use whenever you need it. This is a great tool if you take a lot of screenshots and want a tool that’s quickly ready to go.
- Extra steps to save: Unlike some other tools, you can’t save screenshots automatically upon hitting your hot keys. You need to manually choose where to save an image after taking it. You can choose to change this with automatic locations, saving directly to clipboards, or sending directly to a printer or Outlook. Still, there are a number of extra steps involved.
- GreenShot is a decent screenshot snapping tool for the PC that installs quickly, runs smoothly in the background, and customizes to the point that most users will be happy with it. The interface is not as polished as some others, and it can be complicated to find every option you’re looking for. But for most users, GreenShot will do everything you need.
- Greenshot is a light-weight screenshot software tool for Windows with the following key features: quickly create screenshots of a selected region, window or fullscreen; you can even capture complete (scrolling) web pages from Internet Explorer. Easily annotate, highlight or obfuscate parts of the screenshot.
- Export the screenshot in various ways: save to file, send to printer, copy to clipboard, attach to e-mail, send Office programs or upload to photo sites like Flickr or Picasa, and others and a lot more options simplyfying creation of and work with screenshots every day. Being easy to understand and configurable, Greenshot is an efficient tool for project managers, software developers, technical writers, testers and anyone else creating screenshots.
|Publisher web site||http://greenshot.sourceforge.net/|
|Release Date||January 28, 2017|
|Date Added||January 30, 2017|
|Category||Digital Photo Software|
|Operating Systems||Windows XP/Vista/7|
|Downloads Last Week||887|