Bitdefender Total Security 2017 is an antimalware suite that protects your Windows, Mac, and Android devices against viruses and a variety of other software threats. You also get a firewall, a reinforced browser (for things like logging in to a bank website more safely), and ransomware protection.
- High-quality malware detection: Bitdefender’s virus and malware detection is consistently ranked as one of the best, according to independent testing labs such as AV-Comparatives and AV-Test. Bitdefender is fast, consistently distinguishes between hostile and benign software activities, and doesn’t bog down your system. In fact, during our testing, it detected a Trojan in the Windows recycle bin that wasn’t picked up by Malwarebytes, which had been actively running in the background.
- Centralized online management hub: The Bitdefender Central website lets you log in to an account where you can see everything in one place, which is especially handy for families or someone with a lot of devices. This service (bundled with your subscription) can perform a remote malware scan, as well as locate a lost or stolen device, lock it, or wipe it.
Function labels can be unclear: A section of Bitdefender’s interface tells you that the app is up-to-date. Right next to this is a link labeled Update Now. When you click that link, it will say “Update in progress,” even when an update isn’t being downloaded. More precise language would prevent confusion.
- Some settings could use more explanation: You have the option to enable Paranoid Mode in the settings, but Bitdefender doesn’t explain in app what this mode entails. You can find a description in the online documentation — but it’s under a different heading labeled “Configuring alert intensity.”
- The OneClick Optimizer told us in its Privacy Cleanup section that we had 828MB of “privacy issues” that it could delete in one click. But closer inspection showed that almost all of that was Google Chrome’s (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android) browser cache, which we don’t necessarily want to wipe out, as caching lets pages load more quickly and uses less data.
- Relatively pricey: The default purchase option for the Total Security version of Bitdefender 2017 is $100 for 10 devices. This is only $10 higher than comparable packages from Norton and McAfee, but it’s still a pretty tough price tag, especially when the competition’s packages can regularly be found heavily discounted on Amazon or the publishers’ websites. For example, McAfee Total Protection is currently slashed to $30 for a back-to-school promotion, and its license does not have a device limit.
- If you poke around Bitdefender’s website, you can find a five-device license, but it’s only $10 less ($90). This is also the only version of Bitdefender that bundles Mac and Android versions. There’s a Family Pack that supports unlimited devices, but a one-year subscription will cost you $120.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version of Bitdefender, you are currently offered a 30% discount. And if you commit to multiple years on top of that, the company shaves off a few more dollars.
- For example, a three-year subscription to a five-device copy of Total Security works out to about $47 a year, roughly half the price for a new user who wants a one-year subscription. That may be low enough for your comfort zone, but it’s also a long commitment just to get a competitive price.
- Bitdefender Mobile Security protects one Android device for $15 per year. There isn’t multidevice option here, however, so the price tag adds up quickly if you want to install Mobile Security on a family’s worth of Android phones and tablets.
Bitdefender Total Security 2017
- Bitdefender offers some of the best malware protection in the business, and the remote security features are welcome. But the pricing for the Total Security version creates a high barrier to entry. We could recommend the less expensive tiers, but they don’t support Mac or Android, which many people will find too deep a compromise between value and features.
- Why use several security products when you can have the ultimate all-in-one solution? Bitdefender Total Security Multi-Device 2017 is the perfect choice when you want to protect your Windows, Mac OS and Android devices all at once.
- Bitdefender Total Security Multi-Device 2017 delivers ironclad protection against even the most advanced malware and provides features designed to safeguard your private life across multiple platforms — all without slowing down your devices.
- It uses the most advanced security technology in the world, yet it’s simple and intuitive. You only need one account to protect up to 10 different PCs, Macs, and Android smartphones and tablets.
- Total protection for Windows, Mac OS and Android
- Centralized management for devices
- Wi-Fi Security Advisor: always secure on the go
- Pure performance – no slowdowns
- Single-touch security: complete automatic protection
- Privacy protection across platforms
- Parental Advisor: family-oriented protection
- Anti-theft and data protection tools
- Comprehensive support, 24/7
Get Bitdefender Total Security Multi-Device 2017 now for the best cross-platform protection and performance.
|Publisher web site||http://www.bitdefender.com|
|Release Date||September 28, 2016|
|Date Added||September 28, 2016|
|Subcategory||Internet Security Software Suites|
|Operating Systems||Windows 7/8/10|
|File Name||External File|
|Downloads Last Week||445|
|License Model||Free to try|